We are looking to recruit a Community Projects Coordinator & Administrator, this is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in facilitating a one stop service for local residents to engage in a number of activities that meet the needs of the individual in a community hub.
Monday to Friday 10am until 2pm
6-month contract, extension subject to funding.
£17,000 pa pro rata
Trowbridge Future an independent Wiltshire Charity supporting some of the most vulnerable people in the community of Trowbridge focused on the neighbourhoods of Studley, Seymour and Longfield. Trowbridge Future aims are to develop the capacity and skills of local residents to enable them to better identify and help meet their needs and to participate more fully in society. Trowbridge Future are striving to establish youth clubs in Trowbridge, develop community engagement and work closely with neighbourhood representatives and supporting local groups to achieve change.
Trowbridge Future runs a Community Hub in The Shires Shopping Centre in an empty retail premises that offers a calm space for the public to visit. We have over 100 visitors per week, these include rough sleepers, those in temporary housing, the elderly, disabled, veterans suffering PTSD, people experiencing severe mental health concerns, those recovering from strokes and those suffering from social isolation. We run a Community Fridge, Community Wardrobe, a weekly computer club for those who are digitally isolated, a knitting club and BeYoutiful, a weekly pamper group.
THE MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To work with Trowbridge Future Community Manager and other statutory and community organisations to support the development and administration of community-based activities in the Community Hub in the Shires Shopping Centre.
The role will be based in the Community Hub, with some time spent in the Civic Centre.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the the running and development of the BA14 Community Hub, responsibilities include organising consumables, utilities, lease, displays and activities for the public
- Offer administrative support to the Youth & Community Development Manager
- Facilitate the weekly activities in the Community Hub
- Work with the Community Manager to coordinate and develop events and activities in the Hub such as Carers Week and Volunteers Week
- To develop and deliver a range of activities to increase access for individuals to become digitally included, access to employment and support services
- To establish opportunities to increase access to additional advice and guidance services.
- Work with the Hub volunteers to ensure they adhere to H&S and operational policy and procedures and oversee responsibility for keys
- To be the first point of contact for all Hub related enquiries via telephone, face to face and email
- Support the implementation of a marketing strategy to publicise the Hub and other work of Trowbridge Future
- Support fundraising activities such as researching potential funders, holding events, developing links with local businesses
- Liaise with other agencies and charities as appropriate
- Support the coordination of other community projects as and when required, such as Litter Picks, Pop-Up Community Events
1. Job Specific
- To undertake job related training as and when necessary
- To participate in a job appraisal process
- To be responsible to the Community Manager for the day to day management of working hours
2.1 DBS Checks
The post holder will need to complete DBS check
2.2 Equal Opportunities
All employees have an obligation to understand and abide by Trowbridge Futures Equal Opportunities Policy.
2.3 Health and Safety
The post holder is responsible for their own health and safety and anybody who might be affected by their actions or omissions. The post holder is responsible for ensuring that on a day to day basis work is conducted within the framework of all local and legislative health and safety guidelines and policies.
The post is subject to the post holder meeting the level of medical fitness required and a medical questionnaire will have to be completed.
The post holder is required to work in a confidential and professional manner and to uphold the good reputation of Trowbridge Future
In order to comply with employment legislation, the successful candidate will be
asked to provide proof of their identity in order to prove their eligibility to work.
It is a requirement of the contract of employment that the candidate’s acceptance is supported by 2 satisfactory references.
Qualifications & Training:
Basic Education in Maths and English (GCSE, Basic Skills Level 2 or equivalent).
Good level of ICT literacy. Use of Microsoft packages: Word, Outlook, Excel and the Internet.
Experience of working with and communicating with people
Project and event co-ordination
Knowledge of working with individuals with multiple or complex issues
An appreciation of the needs of disadvantaged groups
Experience of community-based activities
Experience of working with volunteers
Knowledge & Understanding:
Understanding of the benefits of community-led initiatives
Knowledge of partnership working
Understanding of volunteering and its benefits to the wider community
Commitment to equal opportunities
Knowledge of the voluntary sector and support services
An understanding and interest in community interests
Skills & Aptitude:
Good organisational skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Self-starter and show initiative
Well organised, good team worker
Basic design skills to create posters and newsletters
Familiar with social media as a promotional tool
Ability to work efficiently on
own initiative, under pressure whilst maintaining a high standard of work
Closing date 1st July 2020.
Click here to apply.