We are looking to recruit a Community Support Worker this is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in facilitating a one stop service for local residents to support individual needs and engagement in a number of activities in our two community hubs in Trowbridge.
£18,278 pa pro rata 20hrs per week (depending on experience)
Closing Date: Tuesday 22nd June. Interviews: Thursday 24th June
Trowbridge Future is a small independent charity supporting some of the most vulnerable people in the community of Trowbridge focused on the neighbourhoods of Studley, Seymour and Longfield. Trowbridge Future aims are to develop the capacity and skills of local residents to enable them to better identify and help meet their needs and to participate more fully in society.
Trowbridge Future runs a Community Hub in The Shires Shopping Centre and a newly established Community Hub on the Seymour Estate that offer a calm space for the public to visit. Visitors include rough sleepers, the elderly, disabled, veterans suffering PTSD, people experiencing mental health concerns, those recovering from strokes and those suffering from social isolation. We run a Community Fridge, Kindness Cafes, women’s groups and various pop-up events.
Trowbridge Future have established five successful youth clubs in Longfield, Seymour and Studley Green as well as detached youth work in Stallards Skate Park. Our dedicated youth team, led by our Youth Manager, work hard to develop sessions based on the needs, ideas and interests of young people. The youth team work closely with our community partnership to support local events and deliver additional activities, such as Trowbridge Lantern Procession.
THE MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To work with the Community Manager and other statutory and community organisations to support the development and administration of community-based activities in the Community Hub in the Shires Shopping Centre and The Seymour Hub.
The role will be based in the Community Hubs in The Shires and The Seymour Hub.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the running and development of the two Community Hubs responsibilities include organising consumables, displays and activities for the public
- Administrative support and recording Hub visitors
- Facilitate weekly activities in the Community Hubs
- Work with the Community Manager to coordinate and develop events and activities in the Hub such as Carers Week and Volunteers Week
- To develop and deliver a range of activities to increase access to employment and support services
- To establish opportunities to increase access to additional advice and guidance services.
- Work with the Hub volunteers to ensure they adhere to H&S and operational policy and procedures and oversee responsibility for keys
- To be the first point of contact for all Hub related enquiries via telephone, face to face and email
- Support the implementation of a marketing strategy to publicise the Hub and other work of Trowbridge Future
- Support fundraising activities such as researching potential funders, holding events, developing links with local businesses
- Liaise with other agencies and charities as appropriate
- Support the coordination of other community projects as and when required, such as Litter Picks, Pop-Up Community Events
- Abide by and follow safeguarding guidelines laid out by Trowbridge Future, reporting any concerns within the outlined timescales.
1. Job Specific
- To undertake job related training as and when necessary
- To participate in a job appraisal process
- To be responsible to the Community Manager for the day to day management of working hours
2.1 DBS Checks
The post holder will need to complete DBS check
2.2 Equal Opportunities
All employees have an obligation to understand and abide by Trowbridge Futures Equal Opportunities Policy.
2.3 Health and Safety
The post holder is responsible for their own health and safety and anybody who might be affected by their actions or omissions. The post holder is responsible for ensuring that on a day to day basis work is conducted within the framework of all local and legislative health and safety guidelines and policies.
The post is subject to the post holder meeting the level of medical fitness required and a medical questionnaire will have to be completed.
The post holder is required to work in a confidential and professional manner and to uphold the good reputation of Trowbridge Future
In order to comply with employment legislation, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of their identity in order to prove their eligibility to work.
It is a requirement of the contract of employment that the candidate’s acceptance is supported by 2 satisfactory references.
Qualifications & Training:
Basic Education in Maths and English (GCSE, Basic Skills Level 2 or equivalent).
Good level of ICT literacy. Use of Microsoft packages: Word, Outlook, Excel and the Internet.
Full driving licence and ability to drive
First Aid, Food Hygiene
Community focused qualification
Experience of working with and communicating with people
Project and event co-ordination
Knowledge of working with individuals with multiple or complex issues
An appreciation of the needs of disadvantaged groups
Experience of community-based activities
Experience of working with volunteers
Knowledge & Understanding:
Understanding of the benefits of community and youth-led initiatives
Knowledge of partnership working
Understanding of volunteering and its benefits to the wider community
Good understanding of child protection, equality, and safeguarding procedures
Commitment to equal opportunities and Government safeguarding document: working together to safeguard children and young people
Knowledge of the voluntary sector and support services
An understanding and interest in community interests
Skills & Aptitude:
Good organisational skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Self-starter and show initiative
Well organised, good team worker
Basic design skills to create posters and newsletters
Familiar with social media as a promotional tool
Ability to work efficiently on own initiative, under pressure whilst maintaining a high standard of work.#
For details on how to apply please email email@example.com